- This workshop has passed.
June 11 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
This workshop is intended for teachers of students grade 2 and above, or any teacher responsible for teaching informational/expository writing. Come away with engaging lessons aligned to the NEW STATE STANDARDS that have clear objectives that will empower you to:
- understand a variety of writing challenges: informational essay/report, the “how to” piece, compare contrast
- explore opportunities for analyzing the organizational structure of the informational/expository essay
- learn specific strategies for crafting strong introductions with attention-grabbing leads create clear, concise topic sentences
- generate a number of broad yet distinct main ideas
- write a variety of powerful supporting details
- construct conclusions in which main ideas are creatively restated
- receive powerful exemplars of informational/expository writing for classroom use
- make the connection between powerful informational/expository exemplars and reading comprehension task
The required resource for this workshop is the Expository & Opinion Guide, available in print or digitally with a license to the Hub.