- This workshop has passed.
September 13, 2018 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Empowering Writers will provide the “how” for delivering direct instruction in revising and editing. Take the mystery out of grammar, mechanics, and spelling by attending this action-packed training. Come away with so much more than just “skill and drill!”
This workshop is geared for any teacher responsible for teaching editing and revising with a focus on grades 3 & 4.
- Understand the parts of speech and how they are truly the building blocks of language!
- Learn effective strategies for revising run-on sentences, eliminating redundant ideas, and using transition words and phrases!
- Explore hands-on-activities designed to make learning grammar fun!
- Take away powerful test-taking strategies that produce savvy test-takers!
- Simplify spelling to guarantee student SUCCESS!
- Receive classroom sets of student books that address both the readiness and supporting TEKS covered on the STAAR!
- Learn how to plan and pace instruction across the school year.
The required resource for this workshop is the Editing & Revising Teacher’s Guide, available in print or digitally with a license to the Hub.