- This workshop has passed.
April 16 @ 8:30 am - 3:00 pm
The Narrative workshop is geared for any teacher responsible for teaching narrative writing with a focus on grades 2-7. Understand the key characteristics of narrative writing as well as a proven, practical, research-based methodology that works in the real world of the classroom! Come away with specific lesson plans with clear objectives that empower you to:
- understand the characteristics of a range of narrative types of stories: character/problem/solution, personal experience, imaginative, realistic fiction
- explore the reading-writing connection
- learn specific strategies for writing entertaining beginnings
- write relevant, vivid elaborative detail
- build suspense
- develop fully-elaborated main events
- craft satisfying extended story endings
- receive powerful exemplars of narrative writing for classroom use
- address the personal experience narrative
The required resource for this workshop is the Narrative Guide, available in print or digitally with a license to the Hub.