- This workshop has passed.
April 19, 2018 @ 8:30 am - 3:00 pm
This workshop is intended for teachers of students grade 2 and above, or any teacher responsible for teaching expository writing.
Come away with specific lesson plans with clear objectives that will empower you to:
- understand a variety of expository writing challenges: informational essay/report, the “how to” piece, compare contrast
- explore opportunities for analyzing the organizational structure of the expository essay
- learn specific strategies for crafting strong introductions with attention-grabbing leads
- create clear, concise topic sentences
- generate a number of broad yet distinct main ideas
- write a variety of powerful supporting details
- construct conclusions in which main ideas are creatively restated
- receive powerful exemplars of expository writing for classroom use
You can now register for the previous day’s Narrative Workshop to make this a 2-day Writing Workshop. You will be given the option to attend the Narrative during your registration for the Expository.