- This workshop has passed.
November 14 @ 8:30 am - 3:00 pm
We have already shipped for this workshop. If you would like a printed guide, please order one through our bookstore and register as Registration Only.
This workshop is intended for teachers of students grades 2 – 8, or any teacher responsible for instructing students how to respond to text in writing, and to present information in the form of informational/expository paragraphs, reports, and essays. Come away with specific lesson plans with clear objectives that will empower you to:
- Provide rigorous, close reading strategies for annotating complex texts
- Explore opportunities for analyzing and summarizing the organizational structure of a variety of texts.
- Learn specific strategies for crafting strong introductions and conclusions.
- Generate a number of broad yet distinct main ideas.
- Write a variety of powerful supporting details.
- Support ideas through relevant evidence and rich vocabulary.
- Respond to a variety of informational writing challenges: essay/report, response to text, the “how to” piece, compare/contrast and literary analysis tasks.
- Provide students with clear strategies for responding to text with confidence and skill.
The required resource for this workshop is the Informational/Expository Guide, available in print or digitally with a license to the Hub.
*Please note we are at new location – Best Western Premier!