Virtual Workshop Details
Every challenge is an opportunity! Providing the best learning experience for you opens new doors for all of us. We have been busy learning and detailing the virtual learning experience for you. Are you wondering how it will all work? Here are some answers for you!
What is a virtual workshop?
- Zoom classrooms with your fellow peers
- Multiple presenters and facilitators to guide you in your learning
- Digital Guidebooks for easy reference
- Realtime question and answer session
- Breakout rooms for small group discussions
- Search our Workshop Schedule for "Virtual" workshops.
- Select the Register button to register or to hold your seat while you work on your PO. Payment with a Credit Card can be taken upon registration completion.
- Closely read the Confirmation Registration email you receive after you complete your registration. It will contain details about the workshop. Please check your spam folder if you do not see it in your Inbox.
Costs vary by workshop. Please refer to each individual workshop for details. Some workshops may offer discounts, please refer to the individual workshop listed on our website.
- We will use Zoom as our platform to deliver our realtime workshop. You will receive the link and password a couple of days before the workshop and in the "morning of" reminder email.
Before Your Workshop:
- Make a note of the date, time and topic of each professional development session. Be sure to confirm the time zone!
- A few days before the training you will be given a Zoom conference access link. (You may choose to watch a brief video on how to access a Zoom webinar if this is completely new to you. There are lots of them on YouTube!) Familiarize yourself with the control panel, the video button, and the chat box. Notice that you will be able to turn off the video and mute yourself if needed. You can ask questions and raise your hand in the chat box. We will review this at the beginning of the workshop.
- Have the session Guidebook and Virtual Learning Kit assembled prior to the first session.
- If you have the Empowering Writers printed resource that corresponds to the Virtual PD being offered, you may want to have it on hand.
- Prior to beginning the series, visit the Empowering Writers website and login into your HUB guide. It is good to familiarize yourself with the Planning Guide section of your HUB resource. If possible, assemble the Planning Guide. This is a great resource to get you acquainted with all of the assets that you have at your fingertips.
- We recommend logging in 15 minutes before the start of the workshop to get set up. Please ensure your microphone and camera are in working order.
During the Workshop:
- Choose a quiet well-lit area with a table and a comfortable chair. It is important to have a surface on which to organize your materials and take notes.
- You may want to have headphones handy to help focus your attention on only what is happening during the presentation.
- Silent your cell phone and remove distractions.
- Keep in mind that your takeaway is dependent on your level of participation and attention given to the presentation. We know that Virtual Sessions can be challenging, but the more removed you are from distractions, the better able you will be to maximize your learning experience. Your level of interest and enthusiasm will be contagious!
- There will be at least two staff member on hand to help you with any challenges or questions you may have.
- For questions or comment, please use the chat feature in Zoom. There will be question and answer periods throughout the session.
After the Workshop:
- Access to the recorded workshop will be available for 7 days after the workshop. Directions to access the recording will be sent in an email after the workshop.
- Your certificate of attendance will be sent to you 3-4 days after the workshop. Attendance to all sessions is required.
We look forward to seeing you and thanks for joining us!
The Empowering Writers Training Team!
If you have questions, please email email@example.com