by Empowering Writers takes you beyond the book and combines professional development, digital teaching tools, how-to demonstration videos and direct to student content all in one convenient place!
Do you teach more than one grade level? Do you want to access to both the Narrative and Expository Guides? The Single User (2) Title License allows you to access two titles of your choice for just $110. (Note: only one email address can be associated with the Single User (2) Title License.)
(This product is a license for digital guide only. The printed guide is sold separately.
License expires on June 30, 2020. For more information on using the Hub License, please click here)
Please select 2 Guides you would like access to on the Hub.
The Hub: Single User License for (2) Titles
2019-20 School Year License
Access all foundational writing skills, strategies, lesson plans, sample texts and exemplars necessary for effective writing from (2) Empowering Writers’ teacher guides.
Digital-format guide includes:
- Structured lessons that target each skill necessary for effective genre writing
- Step-by-step lesson plans with clear, measurable objectives
- Mentor texts that support guided annotation and analysis and prepare students for response to text
- Strategies to break the writing discipline into a series of smaller, more manageable tasks
- Scripted lessons to help implement more effective modeling
- Suggestions for differentiating instruction to meet diverse needs
- Opportunities for applying writing skills across the curriculum
Embedded professional development including:
- Teacher Background – get a deeper understanding of the genre with brief, topic-specific video segments that reinforce every lesson.
- Modeled Lessons – watch actual classroom footage of foundational skills being taught by experienced writing instructors—pragmatic insight that can be applied right away.
- Coaching Segments – elevate teaching practices with valuable overviews, pacing advice and troubleshooting tips from certified Empowering Writers Teachers.
Direct to student content includes:
- Virtual Field Trips – multi-sensory experiences that give students important background information on topics prior to text annotation and analysis.
- Skill Power! PowerPoints – teacher-to-students presentations that help reference key instructional components of the writing process.
- Animated Video Lessons – real-world, classroom-based videos that explain expository writing skills with high-impact visuals.